Sunday 25 January 2009

BEO 2009





Hello! I have been out in Laax for 10 days at the European open, I flew out on the 7th of January, a few days early so I could get some practice in with Roxy team mate Silje and Linn. We had amazing weather the whole week, with blue bird skys every day. The practice for the Slopestyle went really well, and I was ready to charge for the qualification but I think my nerves got the best of me finding it hard to put down a clean run, I spun on all 3 kickers but just didn't quite land cleanly enough putting my hand down on the 1st and 3rd kicker, this put me in 25th position out of 50 riders. It was a great experience to be ridding with girls of such a high standard, and I progressed greatly throughout the week learning to spin in 3 directions. During practice I learnt a cab 5 so I was really stoked with that and I can't wait to get out to the next competition to put it in a run! At the end of the week, I had a great time watching the finals, and ridding with some of the GB guys, Tom Hunt, Jamie Nicholls, Cody Hierons and Sam Turnbull, we rode some off piste in Laax and managed to get totally lost, and it took us around an hour and a half to find the piste again!

No comments: