Sunday 15 November 2009

Dachstein



Despite the wind and poor visibility up on the Hintertux Glacier, we managed to squeeze in a couple of good kicker days to get some practice before the Horsefeathers Pleasure jam. I found out the day before I had a starting position so myself, Jamie Nicholls aka PJ, Jack Shackelton and Lewis Courtier-Jones headed over to Schladming to hit up the 4* TTR Event.

The park was awesome, really nice floaty kickers, on Qualification day the women only got one run qualification due to bad visibility and high wind up on the Dachstein glacier. I stomped my first qualification run so that put me in a good position for the following day where we had our 2nd run. I stepped it up a notch and qualified in 4th place for the finals. In the finals I didn’t manage to lay down my tricks as planned, I finished up in 9th place so it wasn’t to bad for the first contest of the season. This put me at #16 in the World TTR Ranking. Check out the Whitelines review here.

At the moment I am currently on the train in the middle of the Alps traveling from Jenbach, Austria to Zermatt Switzerland. In total my journey should take around 8 hours, which isn’t too bad! Time for a break! I am heading to Zermatt to complete my level 2 BASI Instructor course.

No comments: