Wednesday 11 March 2009

First ever Roxy Snowboard Camp Morzine

I deffinatley one the snowball fight

I am back from Morzine, where Roxy hosted the first ever Roxy Ski and Snowboard camp! Lesley Mckenna was head coach, and I was there as assistant coach, I also got a wee bit of ridding in myself before the British Champs in 2 weeks time!

The week was very successful, with Massages, shopping, makeovers and offcourse lots of shredding! we where staying in the most amazing chalet (Star ski chalets) it over looked the whole of Morzine, I think it is perhaps the nicest place I have ever stayed when I have been away in the Mountains :)

It was my first experience of actually teaching snowboarding, and it gave me another perspective of the sport, not only did I get some valuable time coaching, I also gained from my experience of breaking the moves down, then relating it to my own snowboarding.

Mid week Roxy surfer Candice came out to try snowboarding, she picked it up super quickly and we had her going off the jumps on the first day!It was hard to believe she had never been in the mountains before! It was insane how quickly she learned! We had a great time mucking around both up and down the mountain, we had 2 Weetabix competitions, the first was to see who could eat six Weetabix the fastest, unfortunately I lost this by a mouthful as Candice's time was under 2:30's! But for sure I won the dry Weetabix eating contest hands down! So right now it's a draw.

The weather wasn't to great throughout the week, but on the last day it was blue bird, and it had been dumping so I got a few turns and the rest of the girls gave the powder a blast.

There should be a podcast coming out on the week, so check back soon!
Aimee



Me getting some powder action!














Photos: www.leocackett.com

No comments: